50 FREE San Diego Walking & Driving Tour Maps are instantly accessible below. There are two versions of the San Diego County Map. The Second County Map is an interactive map. Simply scroll your curser over the city you want to tour and it will magically open.
A quick study of the County Map will give you a good understanding of the five-coded color geographical regions of San Diego County. Also of great interest is that the maps shows the layout of the freeway system, and the Red Trolley and Coaster Railroad Lines. Please note that the major freeways run north and south and Highway 8 and lesser freeways run east and west.
Your 50 FREE city tours should begin with a visit to the Cabrillo Monument at the tip of Point Loma. See the Point Loma Chapter below for a map and directions. This historically significant landmark offers both an excellent historical perspective of San Diego’s discovery by the Spanish Explorer Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo, BUT EVEN MORE IMPORTANTLY, SEEING SAN DIEGO MAJESTIC BEAUTY SPRAWLED OUT BEFORE YOU WILL GIVE YOU THE LAY-OF-THE-LAND TO SEE HOW SAN DIEGO IS LAID OUT. Then, San Diego won’t be confusing to you anymore.
After Cabrillo Monument, I’d suggest a tour of the Old Town State Historic Park. It offers FREE parking and FREE admission and is one of the top 3 most visited San Diego attractions enjoyed by residents and visitors alike. Except for the major attractions, practically everything else to do is FREE and my AWESOME chapters, with their essential maps will win the day.
Also, access my DIY How to fall in love with San Diego Tour (hot-linked). It’s specifically written for travelers and newcomers who crave a 1-3 day introduction to the Best of San Diego. Both versions of these 50 FREE Map Tours are excellent. They both represent 54 years of city knowledge combined with custom built maps with map numbers, which correspond to their location in the walking tour. Once you’ve experienced one tour, such as the Old Town Tour, you’ll become an insightful and enriched traveler by not only taking a tour of the historical sites but you’ll also have enjoyed dining in one of my recommended Mexican Restaurants. There, you’ll have enjoyed a frosty margarita and a delicious Mexican meal while being sung to by strolling mariachis. Ole! My tours are the same tours I’d give my best out-of-town friend. So, they are both local and steeped with historical facts.
The numbers on each suburb map correspond to their boldfaced numbers in the walking tour of each chapter.
QUICK TIPS for Returning to the Hot-Linked A-Z Home page
(1) Click on the Barry Icon at the top left corner of every page to return to the home page, (2) Click on the little box with the arrow in it in the right corner to instantly return to the top of any page. (3) See Today’s most visited pages at the bottom of the home page. Since these hot-linked pages are the most visited pages, they are likely the same pages you are looking for. (4) Content is updated annually.
Second map is an interactive map. Simply scroll your curser over the city on the County Map you are searching for and a fabulous walking and driving tour of the city or suburb you’re looking for will magically open.
Or you can select your desired city or suburb by scrolling over the listed cities and suburbs.
East County in Purple
North County Coastal|Pink on Map
Central San Diego in Yellow
- Balboa Park Map & walking tour
- Bay Park Map and tour
- Convoy St. Asian Rest. Row Map
- Coronado Map & walking tour
- Curbside Takeaways|Deliveries
- Do-it-Yourself Micro-Brewery Tour
- Downtown map & walking tour
- Embarcadero map & walking tour
- Fiesta de Reyes map and walking tour
- Gaslamp map and walking tour
- Hamburgers Top 10 Burger Joints
- La Jolla Map and walking tour
Liberty Station /Arts District Map
- Middletown/ Int. Rest. Row & Map
- Mission Bay Map & tour
- Mission Valley Map tour
- Ocean Beach Map & walking tour
- Old Town Map and walking tour
- Old Town’s Fiesta de Reyes
- Point Loma/Shelter Island Map & tour
- San Diego Bay from A to Z & Map
- Tierrasanta & map
South Bay Maps — Green on Map
- Anaheim map——Disneyland Day trip
- Los Angeles map–Only Go if you have to
Temecula map –Wine Growing Region
- Catalina map –Romantic Weekend Getaway
- Tijuana map —–Day trip to Mexico. Ole!
Ensenada map —Mexico’s Seaside Getaway
- San Felipe—–Gulf of Mexico Resort Town
- Valle de Guadalupe Mex. Wine Country